We are a team of over 130 caseworkers, teachers, administrators, directors, support staff, and vocational coordinators with one common goal: to unleash the intelligence and positive energy of low-income youth to rebuild their communities and their lives.
If you share that goal, and have the passion to accomplish it, we want to hear from you. Below you will find the most recent job opportunities within the MYBC.
(Note: Postings may not always reflect all openings at every MYBC site. See the "contact us" page and inquire at the program of your interest for the most up-to-date employment opportunities.)
Transition Coach at YouthBuild North Shore
YouthBuild is a youth workforce development program designed to serve the needs of North Shore Young Adults aged 16-24. Through YouthBuild participants work towards their High School Equivalency Diploma, learn job skills, become certified Pre-Apprentice level construction workers or Certified Nursing Assistants and serve their communities by building affordable housing and becoming community leaders. Our program model integrates education, leadership development, counseling, construction, and other vocational training skills, along with resources for graduates.
The purpose of the Placement Coach is to support the employability and career growth of our program participants through providing career readiness preparation, connection to employment or post-secondary education. This role will also encompass program scheduling, affective implementation of the daily program components to enhance the job development needs of the program. She/he will be responsible for enhancing the program workforce development culture, securing employee partners and college partners as referrals for participants and program Alum .The Placement Coach reports to the YouthBuild Program Director.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in education, counseling, social work or related field similar combination of education or experience in related field.
2. Workforce development and job placement experience.
3. 3+ years of experience working with opportunity youth. Previous YouthBuild experience preferred.
4. Strong leadership skills and works well independently and as a team.
5. Strong commitment to youth leadership and empowerment; and ability to work sensitively and effectively with young people.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrates experience in creating collaborative relationships or coalitions with community organizations and/or public agencies.
7. High energy and motivation to help young people succeed.
8. Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills.
9. Excellent public speaking, listening and written communication skills.
10. Team oriented and good sensor of humor and non-judgmental attitude.
11. Driver’s license required.
Salary and Benefits
This position is a full time, salaried position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Health, dental, and retirement benefits package included. The North Shore CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Email cover letter and resume to Jason C. Pina at email@example.com. www.northshorecdc.org
Support Our Cause